Manage episode 225168906 series 1918426
Webcomics pros Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar are talking comics! In this episode, they discuss best practices for sound effects and promoting longform comics on social media. NEXT, they discuss "Chapter Zero" — what it is, and whether it's right for you. THEN it's strategies for coping with the Q1 slowdown. AND FINALLY, they take a handful of questions from 2018 and drill through them in a Lightning Round!
BUT FIRST, as Dave prepared to receive a shipment of books for his latest Kickstarter campaign, he learns something about his co-host's tipping habits.
- 00:00 — Dave's books and Brad's tips
- 07:39 — Finding the right word for sound effects
- 20:14 — Promoting longform comics on social media
- 30:23 — Stretch Break!
- 31:14 — Chapter Zero
- 42:31 — Coping with the Q1 slowdown
- 49:54 — Lightning Round! Drilling down several questions from 2018.
- $2 — support the show
- $5 — submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $10 — record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your
comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the
exclusive ProTips podcast