Manage episode 236969090 series 1918426
Webcomics pros Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar are talking comics! In this episode, they talk about Arrival Fallacy, and how it lures creators into a treadmill of despair! THEN a Patreon backer asks how Brad "NSFW" Guigar could possibly be disturbed by Public Displays of Affection! FINALLY, they discuss the Shonen Jump approach — could it work for webcomics?
BUT FIRST, Brad's son points out that two of his father's popular aphorisms are in direct conflict with one another!
- "You can't choose what you're good at" vs "No such thing as talent"
- Arrival Fallacy
- Public displays of affection
- Shonen Jump
Great rewards when you support ComicLab
- $2 — Support the show
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $10 — Record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast
Brad Guigar is the creator of Evil Inc and the editor of Webcomics.com
Dave Kellett is the creator of Sheldon and Drive.