Manage episode 228161709 series 1918426
Cartoonists Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar are talking shop! They discuss what percentage of your readership you can expect to become Patreon backers. That leads into a fascinating trip down Memory Lane as they recall a disgruntled "How To Make Webcomics" reader. Then, they make suggestions on how many tiers a first-time Kickstarter campaign should have. And finally, they make suggestions on Kickstarter stretch goals and add-ons.
BUT FIRST, was a part of Stan Lee's success based on his iconic Look?
- 00:00 — Stan Lee's iconic Look
- 07:54 — Brad's 19th anniversary in comics
- 21:01 — Dave looks back on Emerald City and Comic Con International
- 24:43 — Shipping books on a Greyhound Bus
- 27:34 — Fed Ex Freight Box
- 29:15 — Spike Trotman: "Don't fight success."
- 32:45 — Kenny Rogers' face
- 36:39 — What percent of your audience are Patreon backers?
- 40:06 — A story from the "How To Make Webcomics" book
- 44:22 — The danger of "Magic Number" thinking
- 49:02 — Superstitions
- 51:38 — How many Kickstarter tiers should a first-time creator have?
- 01:01:54 — Effective Kickstarter stretch goals and add-ons
Great rewards when you support ComicLab
$2 — support the show
$5 — submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
$10 — record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
$50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast