Manage episode 245416958 series 2360409
Today on the show I get to chat with Julia Kristina from juliakristina.com. She's a Registered Clinical Counsellor and the founder and host of the weekly YouTube channel Julia Kristina Mah where she talks about mindfulness, mindset and mental wellness with over 100K subscribers! She's also a wife and mom of three.
I found Julia on my own quest healing from codependency and love following her online.
Today on the show we focused our conversation on motherhood, anxiety, postpartum depression and everything in between and my hope is that her advice and expertise will help you to change your mindset around your own mental health and serve as a reminder that you are not broken, weak, weird, stupid or anything else that circles in your mind.
You are whole and complete just as you are and if you need some help from a therapist, counsellor or a coach it doesn't make you less than, it only makes you a seeker who's determined to live life to the fullest.
I have shared many times that throughout my own journey I have hired coaches, therapists, mentors and healers, and still do because I wholeheartedly believe that we were not meant to do this alone.
Here's what we've talked about:
- The difference between coaching and therapy.
- The stigma of mental health and what to do when you're afraid of facing hard things.
- Our emotional reactions, how they're created and how to take more control of your own life and change.
- The mother wound and individuating from our mothers to gain more confidence, energy and owning your power back.
- Individuating from our mothers and why we have to stop blaming our moms.
- The one thing we must do to raise confident daughters?
- Anxiety in motherhood and how to lower its intensity
- The need for control and living in isolation and the price we're paying as moms
- The steps moms can take to heal from postpartum depression
- Are antidepressants and antianxiety medication safe?
For full show notes, head on over tohttps://doritpalvanov.com/podcast/130/