Manage episode 230543249 series 29991
Intel Chip Chat – Network Insights audio podcast with Allyson Klein: Anders Vestergren, Head of Solution Line Software Defined Infrastructure at Ericsson, stops by to discuss the long history of collaboration between Ericsson and Intel to optimize solutions for communications service providers. He explains the role of the new 2nd generation Intel Xeon scalable processor platform and how leveraging the raw performance and virtualization features built into the processors will accelerate network transformation. Anders explains why it is extremely important to deliver the raw compute performance to acceleration techniques to satisfy high demand for bandwidth and data growth. To address this need for infrastructure delivery, Ericsson’s Software Defined Infrastructure (SDI) system, the foundation of their market leading NFVI solution, is upgraded with the 2nd generation Intel Xeon Scalable processor. He explains the capabilities that create innovative infrastructure for customers. Anders addresses the focus on the network edge and how Ericsson is supporting infrastructure delivery at the network edge as well as core network solutions.
To learn more, visit:
- Micro Data Centers – Intel Chip Chat: Network Insights – Episode 137
- Future Digital Infrastructure – Intel Chip Chat: Network Insights – Episode 101
- Re-Architecting Infrastructure for 5G – Intel Chip Chat: Network Insights…
- Containerized Data Centers – Intel Chip Chat Network Insights – Episode 173
- 5G Transformation – Intel Chip Chat: Network Insights – Episode 132
884 episodes available. A new episode about every day .