Manage episode 231569588 series 29991
Intel Chip Chat – Network Insights audio podcast with Allyson Klein: In this archive of a livecast interview from Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain – Bob Everson, Global Mobility Domain Leader in the Global Service Provider Organization at Cisco, stops by the Chip Chat room to share the announcement of Cisco’s innovation blueprint with Rakuten Mobile Network, Inc to build the world’s first end-to-end fully virtualized, cloud-native mobile network, ready for 5G. Bob describes the benefits of Rakuten’s greenfield build but also emphasizes the innovative principles can be utilized by operators that have embedded infrastructure right now.
Learn about the exciting demo in the Cisco booth at MWC19 where a zero touch plug and play cell tower integrates with network edge automation. Additionally, Bob shares the progress made from last year’s collaborative focus from Intel and Cisco for the Open vRAN Ecosystem, and he highlights how the industry is embracing this initiative. Hear Bob’s insight into how Cisco plans to apply these exciting new technologies across their customer base.
To find detailed white papers on the Rakuten architecture and more information visit:
- Open vRAN – Intel Chip Chat: Network Insights – Episode 142
- Transformation with Turn-Key Solutions – Intel Chip Chat: Network Insights…
- Open Source MANO & 5G – Intel Chip Chat: Network Insights – Episode 103
- Driving Broadcast Industry Transformation with Cisco Media Blueprint – Intel…
- Multi-Location Edge – Intel Chip Chat Network Insights – Episode 190
885 episodes available. A new episode about every day .