Manage episode 277708533 series 1097793
Ever had a passion or a “weird” idea for a business and wondered… “could I really make a living out of this?” That’s what our guest, Shelley Brander wondered when she left her highly lucrative branding business behind to double down on her passion business in the knitting niche.
And not only did she “make a living,” she made a LIFE doing what she loves, creating a worldwide movement AND a multi-million dollar business in the process.
Your hosts Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon chat today with the founder of the Loops retail store, LoopsClub monthly subscription box, globally renowned Knit Stars program and the Knit the World Together movement, Shelley Brander, about how she got started, how she grew and what’s next for her massively successful business.GET Shelley’s Brand New Book!
**Shelley’s new book, "Move the Needle: Yarns from an Unlikely Entrepreneur" is being published by Hay House for release in January 2021. And it is available for pre-order now via Amazon.
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- The inspiring “don’t take no for an answer” story that birthed Shelley’s new business idea… all from a knitted scarf!
- Why it’s imperative we understand that the more narrow the niche, the more isolated people feel in that niche
- How to be THE answer that your ideal clients have been looking for (and why it’s ok if not everyone loves you!)
- Why “going big” with your market can be one of the biggest strategic mistakes you can make in your business
- What Shelley means when she says “the deeper I go into my niche, the wider the possibilities”
- How to put your passion first and have the profit follow.
- And much more.
Also mentioned in this episode:
- HerBusiness Success Mastermind
- Shelley’s NEW Book - Move the Needle: Yarns from an Unlikely Entrepreneur
- Holistic Equine - Sharon Barr
Other ways to get in touch with Shelley: