Manage episode 291011465 series 2434430
Welcome to another episode of the Conversations for Financial Professionals podcast where we are shaping the next generation of financial advice.
Today’s guest is Deanda Wilson. Deanda is a financial planning analyst in the Philadelphia area. Prior to her career in financial services she served as a Portfolio Management Specialist at the US Dept of Housing and Urban Development. She earned a Bachelor of Business Administration from Florida A&M University and a Master of City Planning from University of Pennsylvania. Deanda recently passed the Certified Financial Planner™ exam in November of 2020 and is currently working towards the experience requirement to use the coveted Certified Financial Planner™ marks.
I brought her on today to discuss her journey as a career changer into the world of financial planning!
- Deanda tells us one word that sums up her process of passing the CFP exam and successfully making the transition to financial professional.
- Deanda will tell you the good, the bad and the ugly about her path of transitioning to a financial advisor.
- Deanda explains her support group and how they helped her.
- Personal Tips and Tricks from Deanda on making the transition.
- After making the transition, Deanda explains what life is like after the change in her new firm.
Resources: Are you a current or aspiring financial professional? Click here to receive my 10 Tips for jumpstarting your career.
Listen to previous podcast episodes, clicking here.
To receive a newsletter digest of Jumpstart community happenings, click here.
Subscribe to the podcast by clicking here.
Want to connect with me? Join my exclusive “tribe” by clicking here.
Thanks again for listening, reading, and watching!