Manage episode 251221085 series 2431956
Episode 364 | Dr. Michael Horton and Adriel Sanchez answer caller questions.
Key questions answered in today's show:
1. The church I attend uses gluten free crackers and grape juice for the Lord's Supper. I wonder if that is okay.
2. I recently ran into the infamous verse of Isaiah 45:7 where people often claim is where it says God purposefully created evil (as the King James Version uses the word “evil” where other translations, notably the ESV, use the word calamity). There’s no real context I can see on this statement in surrounding text. What am I supposed to make of this verse?
3. Why does Paul so often begin his letters with “grace and peace”? What does that mean?
4. How should we respond when scandals happen within the church?
5. I’ve heard that the term “Christian” was originally given to believers with a negative connotation attached to it. If this is true, would it be better if we identified ourselves as “followers of Jesus” instead?