127: Lee Brice Talks Spending Time With His 3 Kids, Collaborating With Edwin McCain, Making His New Self-Titled Album & More - NCD Writers Room
Manage episode 191243569 series 172801
Jim Casey talks with Lee Brice about:
• early mornings with his three kids, Takoda, Ryker and Trulee
• his five-month-old daughter, Trulee
• releasing his self-titled studio album on Nov. 3
• why he decided to self-title the album (the Metallica effect)
• building the album on an organic level via the instrumentation
• putting every bit of himself into the new album
• co-producing the new album
• co-writing 11 songs on the album with the likes of Ross Copperman, Dallas Davidson, Rhett Akins and more
• co-writing "Story to Tell" with Edwin McCain, a song that features Warren Haynes on guitar
• current single, "Boy," and what his two sons think about it
• making the video for "Boy"
• recording "The Best Part of Me" for his daughter
• spending family time in South Carolina this winter
• hitting the road in January
• Lee Brice: "Edwin McCain was my hero growing up. He's from South Carolina. Growing up it was him and Garth . . . they were two of my biggest influences. I was able to get in touch with [Edwin]. I called him up . . . and he came to Nashville. We wrote two songs that night. It was like I'd known him my whole life. And then I decided that one of the songs ["Story to Tell"] was for sure going on the record, so I asked him if he would come sing on it . . . he's so talented and so smart and so funny. It was crazy to be able to go make music with one of my heroes."
• Lee Brice
• Jim Casey, NCD editor in chief
649 episodes available. A new episode about every 21 hours .