Manage episode 244076670 series 2533457
Learn how you can create goals to achieve your big financial goals while avoiding burn out!Knocking Out Your Big Financial Goals
When we started this mini-series last week about rebooting your money, I talked about how to hit those goals you have to change things up a bit.
Karen Cordaway went over how we could reframe things around the quality of our lives.
It’s not paying off debt, it’s about having money to travel more. You’re not just saving money in the bank, you’re giving yourself a building a sizable downpayment to buy a house.
This can be a powerful way to motivate yourself.
There’s another side to that puzzle – creating the goals themselves.
Since most people don’t achieve those big results that they hope for, is there a way to make them work for you so that you do make them happen?
I think so.
I believe there’s a way to achieve those ambitious goals without burning out.
And I think Joseph Hogue is the perfect person to break it down.
Since I’ve met Joseph at a conference a few years ago, I’ve seen how well he’s done with following through on his plans and goals.
Joseph Hogue worked in private wealth management and venture capital for more than a decade before freelancing as an investment analyst.
He now teaches regular people how to beat debt, make more money side-hustling and invest.
So I thought having him break down his approach would be helpful.
In this episode we’ll discuss:
- Creating goals that fit your season so you’re not burnt out
- Avoiding the yo-yo diet cycle with your finances
- Uses challenges to grab big wins
Hope you enjoy!Mama Talk Money Summit
Speaking of hitting those money goals, next week we’re talking about a special event that I’m a part of to help you do just that – Mama Talk Money Summit.
Chelsea Brennan from Smart Money Mamas has put everything together.
For 5 WHOLE days, the Mamas Talk Money Summit is bringing you presentations from over 40 incredibly financially savvy mamas who have TONS of valuable advice to share with you all about finding your financial swagger, raising kids who are money masters, and connecting with a tribe of moms who are getting smart with their money.
We’re talking all about:
- Family Finance
- Investing, Retirement & Estate Planning
- Career & Business
- Teaching Kids About Money
And much more!
So whether you’re trying to knock that credit debt, get some savings stashed away, or are looking to invest for long term goals, this summit will have at least a few sessions that can help you make it happen.
Along with the session, there will be a live Q&A with each speaker.
For example, for my session – Dump Debt Together (When You Can’t Agree How) – I’ll be online in the chat so you can ask me questions while watching it.
It’s all online and you can register and watch the sessions for FREE!
This was an important point for me because I know we’re all at different points in our financial journey, so having it be free to register was one of the reasons I wanted to join in.
The event is happening on October 21st through the 25th.
Now what I love with how Chelsea is putting this together, is that she has some fun giveaways and prizes along with the summit.
There will be over $15,000 in giveaways of money tools, courses, swag, and gifts for moms throughout the event!
So you not only can catch the most useful sessions to help you knock out your big money goal, but you can also pick up some fantastic and helpful prizes.
I hope you’ll join me and other mamas. Just make sure you grab your FREE ticket by signing up here!Resources to Hit Your Money Goals
If you two are looking to improve how you talk and work together with your finances (and lives), please check out these resources.
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint, Zeta
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- Why Most People Fail with Their Goals (And How You Can Win!)
If you want to discuss talking with your spouse about money, ask questions, or share your own tips please join us over at Thriving Families on Facebook.Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!