Manage episode 150010727 series 65142
Rob and Jason are joined by Andrew Pardoe to discuss Visual C++ conformance progress as well as experimental features like Modules.
Andrew started working at Microsoft in 2002. He worked for the C++ team for exactly five years, first on testing the Itanium optimizer and then on the Phoenix compiler platform. He left in 2007 to become a PM on the CLR team (the C# runtime). Andrew left that job about two years ago and through the magic of corporate reorgs ended up as the C++ compiler PM.
In his role at Microsoft Andrew pays attention to pretty much everything without a GUI: the compiler front end/parser, code analysis, and a little bit to the optimizer. He also owns the tools acquisition story—such as the VC++ Build Tools SKU and updating to latest daily drops through NuGet—and Clang/C2. The Clang/C2 work is what ties Andrew into the Islandwood team, and the code analysis work focuses mostly on the C++ Core Guidelines checkers.News
- How the Commodore 64 Memory Map Worked
- FunctionalPlus, a C++ library, now has a (i.a. type based) search website for its over 300 pure and free functions
- Standardese documentation generator version 0.1
- Awesome C++: Curated list of awesome C/C++ frameworks, libraries and resources
- C++ Core Guidelines Checkers: Preview of the Lifetime Safety checker
- Expression SFINAE improvements in VS 2015 Update 3
- Standards version switches in the compiler
123 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 52 mins duration .