Manage episode 180338126 series 1116738
This episode covers chapter 82 of Rosen's Emergency Medicine. Take a listen for all those juicy pericardial-pump-pearls!
- List eight causes of pericarditis.
- Describe typical pain of pericarditis, expected lab work abnormalities,
- What is the typical sequence of ECG changes in pts with pericarditis? (the stages)
- Describe the treatment of pericarditis associated with: Uremia, Neoplasm, and SLE
- Outline the management of Dressler's syndrome.
- What is the pathophysiology of cardiac tamponade? Describe the mechanism of hypotension in pericardial tamponade and list 4 expected findings on physical examination.
- Describe the procedural steps in pericardiocentesis
- List 4 causes of pneumopericardium and one specific PEX finding
- List five causes of constrictive pericarditis.
- What is the pathophysiology of purulent pericarditis? List 5 organisms responsible for infectious pericarditis? How is it managed?
- Describe the pathophysiology of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Describe the clinical exam and ECG findings associated with HCM
- List 5 RFs for sudden death in HCM
- A pt with known hypertrophic cardiomyopathy presents to the ED with acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema causing mild hypoxia. What is the general approach to management in the ED? Explain your choices.
- List four causes of dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Describe ECG findings of dilated cardiomyopathy
- List 5 RFs for developing a dilated cardiomyopathy
- In what time frame would one expect peripartum DCM?
- List 5 causes of restrictive cardiomyopathy
- List 8 common pathogens responsible for myocarditis, and 3 non-infectious causes of myocarditis
- Describe the stages of viral myocarditis and the management at each stage
- What are some functions of the pericardium?
- What are Chagas Disease and Trichinosis, list bizz-buzz features for each?
- What are the expected cardiac findings in Lyme disease and how is it treated?
- How does sarcoid affect the heart?
170 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 25 mins duration .