Hot, Flat, and Totally Phucking Wrong: The Perilous Platitudes of a Pulitzer-Prize-Winning Propagandist
Manage episode 361060823 series 2491141
Meet Tom Friedman, the mustachioed metaphor maven who thinks we can have our cake and listen to it too. Please share this episode with your friends and start a conversation.
Warning: This podcast occasionally uses spicy language.
For an entertaining deep dive into the theme of season five (Phalse Prophets), read the definitive peer-reviewed taxonomic analysis from our very own Jason Bradford, PhD.
- Thomas Friedman, "Foreign Affairs Big Mac I," The New York Times, December 8, 1996.
- Matt Taibbi's critique of Hot, Flat, and Crowded -- "Flathead" Strauss Media, November 21, 2014.
- Jason Hickel et al., "Imperialist appropriation in the world economy: Drain from the global South through unequal exchange, 1990–2015," Global Environmental Change, March 2022.
- Thomas Friedman, "The Earth Is Full," The New York Times, June 7, 2011.
- Thomas Friedman, "Something's Happening Here," The New York Times, October 11, 2011.
- Thomas Friedman, "Want to Save the Earth? We Need a Lot More Elon Musks.," The New York Times, November 16, 2021.
- Thomas Friedman, "How We Broke the World," The New York Times, May 30, 2020.
- Belen Fernandez, The Imperial Messenger: Thomas Friedman at Work, November 1, 2011.
- Here's the archive of Global Citizen columns by Donella Meadows.
- Ian Parker, "The Bright Side: The relentless optimism of Thomas Friedman," The New Yorker, November 2, 2008.
- Thomas Friedman, The Lexus and the Olive Tree, 1999.
- Thomas Friedman The World Is Flat, YouTube video of Yale University Lecture, 2009.
- Garrett Graff, "Thomas Friedman is On Top of the World," Washingtonian Magazine, July 1, 2006.