Manage episode 359264545 series 2491141
Meet Ray Kurzweil, who combines Moore’s Law with nanobots in a faux recipe to cheat death. Please share this episode with your friends and start a conversation.
For an entertaining deep dive into the theme of season five (Phalse Prophets), read the definitive peer-reviewed taxonomic analysis from our very own Jason Bradford, PhD.
- Ray Kurzweil's 2005 book checks in at 672 pages -- it's called The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology.
- Kurzweil's sequel from 2022 is called The Singularity Is Nearer.
- Brian O'Keefe, "The smartest (or the nuttiest) futurist on Earth," Fortune, May 2, 2007.
- David Hochman, "Reinvent Yourself," Playboy, April 19, 2016.
- Episode of Doug Henning's World of Magic, 1980.
- Society for Cryobiology
- Singularity University
- Sarah Begley, "The Future of Food: Experts Predict How Our Plates Will Change," Time, October 9, 2014.
- Alan Thompson, "Dr Ray Kurzweil: 2022-2023 Updates," LifeArchitect.ai
- Eric Brende wrote a book that counteracts some of Kurzweil's absurdities. It's called Better Off: Flipping the Switch on Technology.
- The Simplicity Collective is a good organization for exploring voluntary simplicity.