Manage episode 279856732 series 1176647
For just a moment, I want you to consider the last words you spoke to your child today.
Think about these things:
- What were the words or phrases spoken?
- What was your tone of voice?
- What was the topic of discussion?
- How did your body language relate to the words?
- Where were the words exchanged?
Now you might be thinking that this is overthinking!
But I beg to differ. Words are powerful! Words leave marks of hope, encouragement, shame, and blame. Yes, you can have both good and bad.
However, most of us are too busy to hear what we are saying and how we are saying it. We assume that how we want it to be received is just that; heard as we assume it.
That is definitely not the case. Why do you think disagreements and arguments happen? It usually comes down to a misinterpretation.
Yet, you can have those deep-seated conversations that hit the core and heart swiftly. But these are not spoken words I'm referring to. It's everyday conversations and discussions.
Too many of our words are interpreted in the wrong manner. You mean one thing, but it comes across as another.
Be careful what your mouth goes to say. Light a path of hope!The K.I.S.S. ~ Light a path of hope!
There is a Bible verse that really hits the nail on the head when it comes to the word."Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." ~ Psalm 119:105
Yes, this is God's word. But for a moment, I want you to see the relationship between you and God. He is your Father. He gives you direction and discipline all to protect and to love you.
You do the same with your child. You want to teach and train him/her. But do you think your child will hear you when you are yelling and screaming?
Think about how God teaches and trains you. Let's take a page out of His book to become a better parent/caregiver.
- Breathe before you exhale.
- Package your words to build up.
- Give grace with an extension of unconditional love.
Your words need to light a path of hope. Attacking, shaming, and blaming only cut down what God desires for you to build up.
Be patient in your parenting. Give yourself grace. God loves you not for how good you parent, but because He first loved you.
So love your child beyond perfection and expectations."Light a path of hope!"
#ConfessionsOfAnUpsetMama #CreateYourNow #TodaysParent
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.Live. Love. IMPACT! "One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Please stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as to who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6 and https://bit.ly/CYNarchive7
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. Create Your Now Archive 6 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6
9. Create Your Now Archive 7 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. https://bit.ly/CYNarchive7
10. NEW Website! Please check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
12. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by willsantt on Pexels.com
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209 Song Title: Overcomer Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI) 9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music - Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.