Manage episode 280196452 series 1176647
You know there are words that keep showing up over and over again. Sometimes you notice them because you are looking. But at other times, it seems like a theme.
When it comes to living a healthy lifestyle, portion control is essential. It's one of the bare basics of nutrition.
Throughout the majority of the year, portion has been a word echoed in my every day.
- Portion showed up when I compared myself to someone else; wanting what they have.
- Portion became a haunting echo when it came to my hunger.
Portion is good so long as it's directed to your goals and not you looking side-to-side trying to be someone you are not.
Yet, portion can be one thing that holds you back from where you want to go with healthy living.
Your mind views satisfaction based on past experiences and feelings. Some of those feelings come from being full, and other feelings are circumstance-directed.
Then, you have the stomach cry. This helps to satisfy your body's scream, "Feed me!"
Portion does not have to be a comparison of what you think healthy living looks like. Portion needs to represent what you need to live, love, and impact.
So serve up your M.E.A.L.S.!The K.I.S.S. ~ Serve up your M.E.A.L.S.!
God is amazing for satisfying all that you need including your hunger. So lean into His foods and watch portion become less of a worry and healthy living more of a lifestyle.
- Mind Your Meals - Plan your meals and snacks on a daily/weekly basis. This is something you have to play with and experiment with. Do what works for you.
- Eat Your Colors - You want to make sure you eat a colorful plate of food. Your plate should contain 50% vegetables and fruits. Be sure to include protein, good healthy fats, fiber, and carbohydrates. Keep in mind that textures help to feel full too. So have a variety of textures too.
- Always Fill-Up with Fiber - Fiber is crucial for your digestive system. Fiber and protein work well together in helping you feel full. There are other benefits for your heart, blood sugar, skin, and how long you will live.
- Limit Your Triggers - What you are likely to overeat, keep it to a minimum.
- Slow and Steady Wins the Race - It can take about 20 minutes for your brain and stomach to communicate that you are full. So eat slow. Enjoy the conversation. Eat with the opposite hand to slow you down. Savor the taste.
Food is meant to be enjoyed but primarily used as fuel. Don't let your feelings become the gauge for your portion.
Determine what your body needs for sustenance and then for the rest, lean on God. He will supply what food can't fuel.
When you are intentional with your healthy lifestyle, you don't become overwhelmed with so much more free or upsizing of your portions. You stay in your lane and do exactly what your body needs for fuel with a few celebrations along the way."Train for life. Love your journey!"
#WellnessWednesday #CreateYourNow #HealthAndWellness
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.Live. Love. IMPACT! "One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Please stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as to who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6 and https://bit.ly/CYNarchive7
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, Entrepreneur, LifeHack, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. Create Your Now Archive 6 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6
9. Create Your Now Archive 7 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. https://bit.ly/CYNarchive7
10. NEW Website! Please check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
12. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Cleyton Ewerton on Pexels.com
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209 Song Title: Overcomer Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI) 9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music - Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.