Manage episode 282353087 series 1176647
Panic does not serve anyone, especially our children. Think about what happens when you are swimming?
As soon as you begin to get flustered and panic begins to set in, you no longer have full control of your body. Your arms flailing and feet kicking. Soon your muscles cramp. If only you could touch.
We go through life oftentimes as if we cannot swim. It's all when the shallow end seems too deep.
We get ourselves in situations where we wish we never said yes. But when it happens to your child, what do you do to help him/her?
When the shallow end seems too deep, go with what you know.The K.I.S.S. ~ Go with what you know!
A circumstance does not have to dictate your response. However, if we're honest, the circumstance definitely has a huge impact on what's done.
As wisdom is gained over the years, we learn how to handle these types of situations and usually figure other ways to react or respond.
But for our children, it's a different story. They are overwhelmed with less experience (and wisdom) to be able to comprehend what is needed in order for them to rise up and keep moving forward.
So how you rescue them is by going with what you know.
- Ground your child. Give them a sense of reality that they are not floating in outer space with nowhere to go. Bring them back to reality so they know that what they are thinking might be a little far fetched. "It's okay. We'll figure this out."
- Reinforce what your child forgot. When you get all frustrated and feel like you are at the end or something drastic is about to happen, bring them back to a time where they managed a situation similar. They do have what it takes. Getting all bent out of shape will not help in the long run.
- Empower your child. Help them decide or discover what the next step is ("One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!") and then, take A.I.M. (action ignites motivation).
Once your child understands that he/she is in control of himself/herself, then confidence is rebooted and restored.
The feeling of "I can" becomes the new reality. No longer does the shallow end seem too deep."Be present. Be incredible. Be YOU!!!"
#ConfessionsOfAnUpsetMama #CreateYourNow #TodaysParent
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.Live. Love. IMPACT! "One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Please stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as to who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6 and https://bit.ly/CYNarchive7
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, Entrepreneur, LifeHack, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. Create Your Now Archive 6 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6
9. Create Your Now Archive 7 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. https://bit.ly/CYNarchive7
10. NEW Website! Please check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
12. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Porapak Apichodilok on Pexels.com
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209 Song Title: Overcomer Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI) 9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music - Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.