Manage episode 209805868 series 1176647
Scott and Bethany Palmer share how to speak the same love and money language in their book, The 5 Money Personalities.
Scott and Bethany Palmer have been married for 20 years! And they have 2 teenage boys.
With over 45 years of combined financial planning experience, Scott and Bethany have dedicated their lives helping couples bring their love and money together.
They have been featured on Good Morning America, FOX News, Hallmark, Forbes, US News & World Report, Prevention, Focus on the Family and regular contributors to KWGN (FOX, Denver). Scott and Bethany have also written five books.
"The key to a healthy relationship is not just about managing money, but understanding how the other person approaches money.” ~ The Money Couple
Enjoy the multitude of topics discussed including coffee, money personalities, budget, and financial infidelity! Be inspired to create a relationship with money that works for both you and your spouse.
- Financial Advising
- Creation of the 5 Personalities
- Money components
- God & money
- Online Assessment
- Debt vs. Money relationships
- Credit card debt
- 5 Money Personalities
- Personal conflict with money
- Primary & secondary personalities
- The Money Huddle
- Dunkin' Donuts in Estonia
- He didn't say NO!
- Financial infidelity
- 100% transperancy
- Children & money
- Change the language
- Continue learning
- Wedding vows
"God is good ALL the time!" ~ The Money Couple
Quotes and statements within the interview:
"But there's nothing about relationship stress and how to deal as a couple with money especially when you look at it differently."
"So how do we look at ourselves and then how do we look at our spouse/significant other and then how do we mush those together to understand what's really happening with money."
"Money impacts us every single day."
"God talks about money more than about anything else in the Bible."
"Big shocker here! We are attached to our opposites."
"We're showing that 80% of all people marry their money opposites."
"Divorce is expensive."
"A lot of SECURITY SEEKERS and SAVERS are 'NO' people."
"You have opportunities every day, probably a couple times a day, to butt heads over money."
"You can have up to 4 money personalities in a relationship, all bouncing into each other all the time."
"It makes us stronger, because we're not afraid of it."
"You start talking about money less, and thinking about money less, because you're not worried about it."
"It was my ideas that made it challenging."
"The SAVER needs to let the SPENDER spend some money."
"Financial infidelity is hiding, cheating, hoarding money behind your spouses back."
"Lying inside a relationship is not going to bring you together."
"Financial infidelity is an easy way to cheat. But once again, it also goes to the core of who you are."
"We all make mistakes."
"When you have relationships where one person is controlling the money, I almost guarantee you financial infidelity."
"We love doing business together."
"When you go on this trip, I want you to tap into that risk-taker."
"And that's really how to parent our children to be able to be excited about each other is to really understand, accept, acknowledge, and then encourage who they are in Christ."
"If you're dating someone or engaged to someone and they won't talk about money, break off that engagement."
"Let's make sure we are open and we are honest, and we are accepting of who and how God made each other."
The 5 Money Personalities
- Security Seeker
What's the first step in correcting financial infidelity?
- Admit it to yourself.
- Admit it to your spouse/significant other.
- Take your money personality assessment.
- Be proactive to solve the problem.
FREE Money Personality Assessments
What has your story gifted you?
- God is good ALL the time.
- Life has taught both of us a lot.
"Unfortunately, I had breast cancer. Fortunately, I'm a stage 3 breast cancer survivor."
"God has used those things to really catapult our message and our excitement and our enthusiasm for that."
- Balance between pursuit and contentment.
"There is an amazing balance between pursuit and contentment. God did not create us to be stationary people. You have to keep pursuing His will. You have to keep pursuing your relationship."
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/themoneycouple/
- Facebook: https://twitter.com/themoneycouple
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/theMoneyCouple
"One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Ready to see if coaching and a mentorship is for you? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Invest in YOU! You are worth the time!!!
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio and Spotify!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
9. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
1330 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 18 mins duration .