Manage episode 217155631 series 1176647
How can working moms lose the guilt, work smarter, and thrive all at the same time when they are stretched too thin? Jessica Turner shares her story, advice, and encouragement to help women go from just surviving to thriving!
Jessica Turner: A wife of to Matthew of 14 years, and mom to their 3 children.
She is the founder of the popular lifestyle blog, The Mom Creative. When Jessica is not sharing her thoughts with the world, she is an award-winning marketing professional, sought after speaker, and freelance writer.
Jessica has been featured in numerous media outlets like The Today Show, O Magazine, Pregnancy & Newborn Magazine, Better Homes and Gardens, and Inc.com.
"So I'm a grandma in the blogging world.” ~ Jessica Turner
Enjoy the multitude of topics discussed including self-care, honesty, Diastasis Recti, mom guilt, and marriage!
- Women's survey
- Honest conversation
- The Mom Creative
- A day in a life
- Mom guilt
- What is the root?
- Teachable moments
- Diastasis Recti
- Guilt pain point
- Social media
- The Box
- My Story
- Date nights
"You are not alone!" ~ Jessica Turner
Quotes and statements within the interview:
"Every day is an adventure; and there's silly songs and dances."
"That is a lie!"
"Because it is something that a lot of women deal with. They feel like the only way to make space in their lives is to leave themselves out, when that's really the absolute worse thing you can do."
"Guilt can be a great teacher for us."
"I think it is very important to be honest with your child."
"It isn't generous to live that way to yourself. You deserve that love and generosity."
"Make yourself number one and go ahead and get started."
"And so I opted to have a breast reduction, which was covered by insurance, and a tummy tuck which included a diastasis recti repair at the same time."
"It's not so much that there was a shift in my self-care, but certainly, I think it's made me an advocate for women to take good care of their bodies."
"It's very clear that the only way you can love people well is if you are doing that yourself."
"That maybe there is something that needs a change, because seasons are suppose to change."
"But I think what I would want to erase are the periods where I really dwelled in guilt, where I sat in it."
"Is there one area?"
"The home management issue. I mean it's just a hot mess all the time it feels like."
"If things are coming in, then other things need to be going out."
"Start with just one small area and then move on to something else."
"I can't say that I learned it, but I was reminded how much my story is like so many other women's."
"Every chapter can stand on it's own two feet."
"And honestly, the most important relationship in your life is the one with your spouse, if you're married."
"Look up and talk to the people around you and cultivate some real community."
"The life she is creating is hers to create."
"The yearnings of her heart are enough to make a beautiful life."
What has your story gifted you?
- So many incredible relationships that I never would have expected as I set out into adulthood and though about what my life would look like.
- It's the people that has made it far more beautiful than I ever could have dreamt.
Favorite Bible Verse:
"I can do all this through him who gives me strength." ~ Philippians 4:13
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheMomCreative/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jessicanturner/
"One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Ready to see if coaching and a mentorship is for you? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Invest in YOU! You are worth the time!!!
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio and Spotify!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
9. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
1699 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 15 mins duration .