Manage episode 229636571 series 1176647
It's never too early or too late to work towards becoming the healthiest you. Spring into a better you!
You spring clean your house, your garage, your garden, your closet, and your pool. Why not Spring clean your pantry?
Desire to be supported and encourage by other like-minded women? Join us at Women of IMPACT. http://facebook.com/groups/thewomenofimpact
The kitchen isn't always an area we consider for spring cleaning. Mostly because we clean it daily, or we think we do.
Do you wipe out your refrigerator weekly? What about disinfecting your kitchen sink daily?
Bacteria grows in area where there is moisture, whether from water or leftover splatters.
So have you ever really looked in your refrigerator? How about your pantry?
Unless you have a habit of moving quite frequently (and I have no idea who that could be), then cleaning out the refrigerator might be twice a year if lucky, or when you eat leftovers.
Or it could be when you find those tubs that are growing things in which you thought was just a day or two old. But really, it's more like 2 weeks old.
Life happens and it's tough to schedule time to do the cleaning in the main room in the house.
However, today is a new day! Happy first day of Spring!
In order to be the healthiest you, you need to look at clean eating.
And not by the food you put in your mouth, but where and how you store your food.
How do you spring into a better healthier you?The K.I.S.S. ~ Eat clean!
Eat clean starts first by having a clean area. And you thought Marie Kondo had the best idea for cleaning and decluttering your house.
The best place with the greatest impact on your health is your kitchen and pantry.
- Use vinegar to disinfect.
- Lemon juice to destain.
- Baking soda for your drain.
- SPONGES & DISCLOTHES
- Throw away on a weekly basis or sanitize them.
- Wash your sponges in the top rack of dishwasher.
- CUTTING BOARDS
- Do not cross-contaminate meats, fruits, and vegetables.
- Use separate cutting boards.
- Wash and disinfect with dish detergent, and H2O & vinegar.
- Clean daily especially around and near the sink area, or food prep area.
- Use kitchen disinfectant, bleach & water, vinegar & water.
- Let your countertops completely dry, or dry them yourself.
- If using a microfiber towel, be sure to wash it after cleaning the countertops.
- Use a 4-6 cups of water in a microwave safe bowl (preferably glass) and a lemon cut in half with the juice squeezed out.
- Heat for 5-6 minutes. Let sit for another 5-6 minutes even as long as 12 minutes.
- Wipe out the microwave.
- If dried, stuck-on food is still present, repeat again until the food releases.
- Get rid of food that has expired.
- Be careful for stuff that you don't use often.
- Watch out for the potatoes.
- Wipe down your refrigerator every 2-3 weeks, especially the bottom area.
- Trash day as a clean out fridge day.
- Always wipe up your spills to avoid contamination or breeding of bacteria.
- Beware of condiment expiration dates too.
You want to have a clean environment to prepare your food and store it appropriately.
When you eat clean, you get to spring into a better you!"Spring into a better you!"
#WellnessWednesday #CreateYourNow #HealthAndWellness
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.Live. Love. IMPACT! "One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio and Spotify!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
10. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Savs on Unsplash
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209 Song Title: Overcomer Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI) 9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music - Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.
1604 episodes available. A new episode about every 23 hours averaging 20 mins duration .