Manage episode 243809539 series 1176647
Disagreement or disinterest does not have to be a conflict in marriage. It's a part of life. So what does it mean when you don't see eye to eye?
Because when you think about it, most of us are quick to judge others who we disagree with or lack interest.
You can call it what you want. But be honest. You can't and won't like everything your spouse likes.
You will definitely have conflict and disagreements. In fact, you will even want to leave the room a few times just because you aren't interested in the subject at hand.
This is all normal!
No marriage has a conflict-free relationship. And if you did, I would question the honesty of the marriage.
If you love, if you care, there will be disagreements. There will be conflicts. You won't want to listen to everything your spouse says.
But is that all bad?
How could we even question such a thing? Isn't a couple suppose to be on the same page?
"A healthy marriage requires differences." ~ Kristianne Wargo
And with any difference comes conflict. But the conflict doesn't have to be the center of attention. That's where we have it all wrong.
We make conflict the subject of our success in marriage.
If we don't have conflict, our marriage is strong and stable. We're successful.
But if we do have conflict, we are lacking in much (love, strength, kindness, empathy). Therefore, we are less or unsuccessful.
When you don't see eye to eye, you have to look beyond the "value" (or the success) of marriage. Because otherwise, you are defining it by whether or not you have disagreements or disinterests.
Everybody does. So is everybody's marriage a failure?
When you don't see eye to eye, live by what you value.The K.I.S.S. ~ Live by what you value!
You are not putting one person above the other. You are simply choosing a direction with how to carry yourself as a person.
- Lead with respect. Do what is best for you with concern for your spouse. I need to do what's best for me, but aware and understanding for my spouse.
- Listen to your spouse's point of view with no judgement. Your spouse may or may not choose to voice his/her opinion. You don't have to agree, but you can listen.
- Love openly and unconditionally. Don't close the door because you can. Giving them the benefit of the doubt. When we don't get what we want (or what we expect), we want to slam the door in their face. Don't shut them out.
This becomes a healthy response to a sometimes negative situation.
Disagreements and conflicts will find you. Just don't let them define you!"When you don't see eye to eye, live by what you value."
#RelationshipBuilders #CreateYourNow #LoveAndMarriage
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.Live. Love. IMPACT! "One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
10. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Matheus Ferrero on Unsplash
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209 Song Title: Overcomer Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI) 9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music - Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.