Manage episode 244501065 series 1176647
How much would you give to live longer with a higher quality of health? There are many ways for what you can do to age better.
Your body has microscopic powerhouses that contribute to your overall health, especially when it comes to aging. They are your mitochondria.
If you remember back to your early years of biology class, you might recall these organelles, which are often equated to little energy factories.
Mitochondria are responsible for energy production and that mitochondrial function is connected to inflammation, a common factor in all chronic diseases.
In order to solve the riddle of chronic diseases, you must look at the impact of these powerhouses and inflammation.
How are you helping your mitochondria or how are you killing it?
Before you answer that question, let's consider what is happening to destroy the mitochondria.
Aside from the natural aging process, there are other things that send mitochondrial function in a bad direction.
- Drinking (alcohol)
- Lack of sleep
- Environmental pollution like mold and smog
- Eating a diet rich in refined sugar and flour that causes blood sugar imbalances and insulin resistance
So what can you do to age better?The K.I.S.S. ~ Eliminate everyday habits that cause inflammation!
- Improve your diet. Certain nutrients like Vitamin B, Vitamin C and Vitamin E, iron, magnesium, selenium, and many more, are part of producing ATP within the mitochondria and fighting free radicals. Think antioxidants. A nutrient-dense diet is key to better aging and mitochondrial support. Supplements can also be helpful, like CoQ10 and resveratrol, which are harder to find in foods.
- Intermittent fasting.
- Calorie restriction.
- Exercise will build stronger mitochondria.
- Eliminate toxins in your air, water, and food (by using filters, buying organic and regenerative foods, and eating a low-glycemic diet)
- Manage stress in your life.
- Eliminate excess sugar.
The easiest way to age better is to focus on the good habits by taking A.I.M. on the most natural action or process your body was created to perform.
Go back to the basics....How did God want your body to eat, sleep, and move?"You can age better. The choice is yours. Train for life. Love your journey!"
#WellnessWednesday #CreateYourNow #HealthAndWellness
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.Live. Love. IMPACT! "One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
10. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Blubel on Unsplash
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209 Song Title: Overcomer Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI) 9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music - Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.