Manage episode 244608122 series 1176647
Parents complain that their children are overly distracted and less connected. No matter how advanced our technology becomes, it actually could be a setback. What is the disconnect to your connection?
Maybe it's hanging out with your phone more than with the family. Maybe it's conveniently answering emails you didn't get through earlier in the day.
Parents complain about their children being distracted. But what about the parents?
Believe it or not, we as parents are addicted to our phones just as much if not more than our children.
By making ourselves accessible at all times, we are training others by our own addiction to technology. And this sets you up for a complete failure.
Because people are going to expect what you set.
You set the boundaries. You set the rules.
The question is, "Are you willing to follow the rules?"
We as parents and leaders need to set the standards. In the case of your family, you set the rules.
Don't let what everyone else wants to cloud your judgment.
More green, less screen.
This is common sense. But let's take it a bit further.
More eyes, less head.
"The eyes are windows to the soul."
If you are always looking at the tops of the head, how will you see through the windows to your child's soul?
What this means for you as a parent and leader, you have to see beyond what technology offers.The K.I.S.S. ~ Disconnect to reconnect!
- Stay Calm. No need to get frustrated because no one is paying attention. Turn off the phones and put them away.
- Be Cool. When you are the listener of the family, your children will be drawn to you naturally. People want to be heard. So be cool and listen.
- Get Connected. There is nothing on your phone that can tell you more about your child than your child. So get connected on their level beyond the phone.
If you had a choice between technology or a person, which would you choose?
Always putting people first above technology will change how you interact with others. It will change your relationships.
"Life happens between wifi signals!" ~ Kristianne Wargo"Life happens between wifi signals! It's time to disconnect to reconnect."
#ConfessionsOfAnUpsetMama #CreateYourNow #TodaysParent
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.Live. Love. IMPACT! "One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
10. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Meghan Schiereck on Unsplash
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209 Song Title: Overcomer Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI) 9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music - Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.