Manage episode 244691696 series 1176647
Are you TOO comfortable in your marriage? As time goes by, relationships seem to gravitate toward comfort. Why work harder than you have to?
Because your marriage is worth it. Your spouse is worth it. You're worth it!
But it's an easy reaction to let the relationship go after you say "I do."
You got who you want, and the same goes for your spouse. Everything is honky dory.
However, there is still that question.
Are you TOO comfortable in your marriage?
When you think about it, there are many ways we can become TOO comfortable in a relationship.
- You lack priority for one another. You put things off.
- Being together is less stimulating; just hangin' out.
- You take each other for granted. There is no energy left to pursue your spouse.
- Your true colors shine through. No more putting your best foot forward.
- Intimacy becomes routine.
- Filters are no longer. You don't mind your manners.
- You tune-out more than you tune-in.
- Honeymoon 15/25 like the freshman 15.
- "You are special," is no longer or far and few between.
- You react based on what you expect (or think you know).
- Personal boundaries fade away. It becomes a lack of respect.
If any of these sound familiar, may I suggest that you take an honest look at your marriage and see where things can be better with intentional presence?
"Marriage is not perfect, but it does require presence." ~ Kristianne Wargo
So how do you become present in your marriage?The K.I.S.S. ~ Wake up the presence in your heart!
You can't expect to be "ALL IN" in a relationship if you aren't present.
I have had the honor of knowing some extraordinary couples; none of which would proclaim their marriage is perfect. But it is beautiful with a strong foundation.
Over these past few days, I've spent some time with one of those precious couples.
With watchful eyes and an open heart, this is a little piece of what makes their marriage uncomfortable in the most intimate way.
- Always notice and acknowledge your spouse.
- Serve with no expectations.
- Be present.
Your marriage will only be as strong as the work and effort you put into it."Marriage is not perfect, but it does require presence."
#RelationshipBuilders #CreateYourNow #LoveAndMarriage
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.Live. Love. IMPACT! "One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
10. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Paolo Nicolello on Unsplash
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209 Song Title: Overcomer Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI) 9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music - Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.