Manage episode 245400647 series 1176647
How confident is your child? There are so many opportunities and so many distractions. Because growing up today is hard, are you living anonymously?
Some of us would covet the idea to run and hide. Who wants the attention anyway, except those social media extroverts.
With our world so connected with technology, our children have no space to create and explore, expanding their own imagination and knowledge.
There's a battle to find time on the calendar to "chill out".
However, what I have noticed as technology has advanced and an overabundance of activities have ruled the "must do" to get ahead, our children are falling further behind.
Rest is not a priority. Late nights are the norm. Tests and grades become the focus; scoring higher is always better.
But as the week and months progress, the frustration and tiredness sets in. And then confidence begins to dwindle.
There is so much stimulation that the priorities get lost. Then the confusion begins.
- Am I good enough?
- I did it all before. Why can't I get it all done now?
- What do I really want?
- Where can I go and hide?
- Who am I?
- All I want to do is quit.
When I say this to myself, I feel so empty. When my child says it, my heart is torn into pieces.
As our perspectives shift, that's when we become insecure.
If we want to build-up our children increasing both their abilities and confidence, we have to help them K.N.O.W.
The K.I.S.S. ~ K.N.O.W.!
Confidence can't be made up by the reactions of the world. It can't be found in the stuff that you do. Anything that can be taken from you does not add confidence to your life.
You want to instill the "KNOW" in both you and your child.
1. Know whose you are. You are a child of God. You are created in the image of God. Your child is created in His image. Don't let what others say shake your confidence. You have nothing to prove.“I have set the LORD continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” Psalm 16:8
2. Nimble in mind. Quick and alert. Discerning and wise. Make decisions that are best for YOU, best for your child. This is not about looking left and right to see what friends and neighbors are doing. Do what is right for your child.
3. Own what you can control. Don't overthink someone else's trash. Don't overthink someone else's dreams. Dream your dreams. Give your child space to soar on wings like eagles. They don't need to borrow anyone else's dreams.
4. The Wonderment of a child. This is your child-like faith. Your child takes cues from you. Are you believing in who you are? Are you believing in your child?And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
This is the time for your imagination and hope to flourish. Don't extinguish that which may ignite confidence."Take A.I.M. today! Action builds confidence!"
#ConfessionsOfAnUpsetMama #CreateYourNow #TodaysParent
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.Live. Love. IMPACT! "One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
10. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Mikael Kristenson on Unsplash
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209 Song Title: Overcomer Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI) 9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music - Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.