Manage episode 245468826 series 1176647
In marriage, we have a tendency to hold on to anger and frustration. Break up to break out!
The emotional baggage that plagues your heart becomes a disservice in your marriage.
You can continue to fight to get your way. Or you can look at your situation with a different set of lenses.
What are you doing to add fuel to the fire with your actions?
- Is it the look you give in the morning?
- Is it your tone of voice?
- Is it your loud obnoxious comment?
These types of reactions can become toxic in your marriage. It builds barriers instead of bridging the gaps.
The goal of your marriage is to find common ground. The goal of your marriage is working together. The goal of your marriage is not about right or wrong, but unity as one.
But when we don't get our way, we can throw temper tantrums. It's like we're two-years-old again.
You want to be able to infuse hope into your marriage. You want to work with the man you said "I do" to.
You can't let your anger and pride rule your marriage.
You gotta break up to break out!
The K.I.S.S. ~ Break up to break out!
Break up with your selfish attitude and emotions that jail your love so you can break out the hope in your marriage. It's all about lifting each other up.
- Respond instead of react. We are so quick to judge. Listen to the other side of the story. Understand where your spouse is coming from. Be open to what you don't know. In other words, get to know the position your spouse is taking.
- Forgive to let go. You are not perfect and neither is your spouse. There must be some give and take in your marriage. Forgive so you can move on in your marriage. If you keep track of the hurts and pain caused, you will never be able to love without conditions.
- Lead with love. If you love only to get what you want, that is not a relationship living as one. Love is sacrificing for one another. Your vows did not say this marriage was to only support your wishes and desires. Treat your spouse with a tender heart and lead with love.
You are not perfect. But life is better side-by-side. Treat each other with love and joy. Take action for the change in marriage."Break up to break out!"
#RelationshipBuilders #CreateYourNow #LoveAndMarriage
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.Live. Love. IMPACT! "One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
10. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Daniel J. Schwarz on Unsplash
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209 Song Title: Overcomer Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI) 9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music - Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.