Manage episode 245674426 series 1176647
The quality of your day depends on the quality of your sleep. You deserve rest to propel your day forward. Sweet dreams are made of this.
It's not about jumping into bed and closing your eyes with the hope that the day will melt away. Your mind and body deserve the best rest you can provide.
In our society, we sleep 20% less than we did 100 years ago.
"Twenty-seven percent of people in a new Consumer Reports survey of 4,023 U.S. adults said they had trouble falling asleep or staying asleep most nights, and 68 percent—or an estimated 164 million Americans—struggled with sleep at least once a week."
There is no doubting that sleep is an issue not just for children, but more so for adults.
And with this sleep problem comes the desire to fix it. Americans spent over $41 billion on sleep aids and remedies in 2015. It's expected to climb to $52 billion in 2020.
Now you know that 2020 is around the corner. With Daylight Savings Time ending, there are still sleep problems. We can blame the clocks, we can blame the sun. Or we can take matters into our own hands.
Sweet dreams are made of this.
It is said that the "sweet spot" for sleeping is 8 hours.
The first four hours of your sleep is your physical repair. The second four hours of sleep is your cognitive repair where you process all of your emotions and experiences in your day.
What does this mean?
Your body and mind need to REpair, REjuvenate, and REcharge itself; deep rest for your muscle and mind recovery.
Now you can choose to get 3-4 hours of sleep. But what are you doing for your mind? Nothing! You are not giving yourself adequate rest to repair, rejuvenate, and recharge itself.
When I only got 3-4 hours of sleep, looking back, I can see how my body was fine, but my mind was limited.
Your cells need time to REpair, REjuvenate, and REcharge. They need time to wash away the messy middle of your day.
S.T.E.P. in and REcode your sleep routine!The K.I.S.S. ~ S.T.E.P. in and REcode your sleep routine!
Just as children appreciate and thrive on a bedtime routine, so do we as adults.
The quality of your day depends on the quality of your sleep.
So S.T.E.P. in and REcode your sleep routine. Sweet dreams are made of this.
- Snack one hour before bed: Half of banana rolled in 1/8 tsp of Pink Himalayan salt with 7-10 raw cashews. You can substitute macadamia nuts or 2 oz of raw cheese. This is a wonderful nighttime snack for low serotonin, including hot flashes and depression.
- Turn off technology and turn down the lights, salt lights. Train your body to know that the day is coming to an end. Activity is slowing. Slow your outside stimulation.
- Elevate your core temperature. Rub sesame oil on your feet and put socks on. This begins to calm your system and support your thyroid function. This is Ayurvedic from the Hindu system of medicine which has been practiced for 5,000 years.
- Presence with gratitude; reflect and write your blessings in your day. Think positive and pleasurable experiences.
We repeat what we don't repair.
You don't want to repeat what doesn't serve you. Since your tomorrow starts today, that means your night starts your day.
Give yourself permission to relax and reclaim your day by recoding your sleep routine."Train for life. Love your journey!"
#WellnessWednesday #CreateYourNow #HealthAndWellness
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.Live. Love. IMPACT! "One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
10. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by bruce mars on Unsplash
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209 Song Title: Overcomer Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI) 9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music - Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.