Manage episode 246903896 series 1176647
The habit of giving thanks can move mountains in hearts. What stands in your way can be minimized with the action of giving thanks.
It's not just a season for a day, but an action for a lifetime.
How much time during your day would you say you give thanks? Literally verbally expressing to someone how much you appreciate them, including in the bad and in the ugly.
Life is complicated and far from perfect. Yet for some reason, we try to live a season of perfection. One day of the year, we claim to give thanks for ALL throughout the year.
But how can one truly give thanks for all the blesses and messes in one day? You can't. And oddly enough, your heart knows it.
We live day to day fumbling through what we think needs to be accomplished. We miss the stranger who passes us by in the store to give a sweet "hello" and a smile of cheer. We scramble with the children getting them out the door for more activities galore. But we forget to tell them the sweetest sound to the ears, "I love you!".
How can our minds forget the importance, of what we later regret, the habit of giving thanks?
"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Giving thanks is not a convenience. In fact, it should be a disruptor in our lives.
Giving thanks is a gift of presence to the world in which you touch.
Your pause and recognition of someone is an extension of your heart that instills hope for the one receiving such a gift of words.
The habit of giving thanks peels back the hardened layers of hurt and pain not just for the receiver, but for the giver.The K.I.S.S. ~ Give thanks with a grateful heart!
This season and for days to come, may your mouth exude love and grace for those who are placed in your path.
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." ~ Matthew 6:21
It's easy to feel gratitude. That' what being grateful is all about. But the impact comes with action. Giving thanks puts your thoughts into motion with intentionality.
No! It doesn't ever come easy. However, your heart grows and so does your mind when you give thanks with a grateful heart.
There are so many reasons to give thanks with a grateful heart.
- Increases your immune system
- Improves sleep
- Eliminates stress
- Rewires your brain
- Boosts self-esteem and performance
- Improves relationships
- Creates a resistance to negativity
If you get all of this from giving thanks, why wouldn't you give it more?
So instead of burying your heart in messes and misery, give thanks with a grateful heart.
- Compliment a stranger for his/her help, even if he/she couldn't help you the way you think you needed.
- Give a hug or handshake with a sincere "thank you". The action of gratitude elevates hope. Why not give hope to someone? It's giving thanks with a grateful heart.
- Express gratitude with an intentional action not just for others, but for you. You matter! Be kind to yourself. Speak words of gratitude and hope. Grow your mind with a sense of appreciation. You're gonna mess up. So laugh a little more at the messes so you can experience more blesses.
The habit of giving thanks is more about the impact and influence you create all throughout the year!"Live. Love. IMPACT!!!"
#MindsetMonday #CreateYourNow #PersonalDevelopment
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.Live. Love. IMPACT! "One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. Create Your Now Archive 6 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6
9. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
11. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Johannes Plenio on Unsplash
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209 Song Title: Overcomer Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI) 9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music - Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.