Manage episode 223633363 series 164106
So often, the words we use around marketing are overly aggressive. We say that we want to reach a “target audience,” we need to “penetrate” the market, or we need to “push” our product. But words have energy. To attract our ideal customers we have to first stop thinking of them as a target.
Business, like most things, can benefit by taking a more mindful approach. You have to be conscious of the words you use, the way you look at information, and attitude with which you approach a project. It’s not so much what you do, but how you do it. In the end, it’s the inside work that can make the biggest difference in outside success.
There is a real need for personal development in business. To dive deeper into this, I’ve brought on mindful marketer Lisa Nirell. Lisa is the Chief Energy Officer of EnergizeGrowth® and the founder of Marketing Leaders of DC™. Innovative companies such as Adobe, Google, AARP, Gannett/USA TODAY NETWORK, and Hilton hire Lisa to gain fresh insights, formulate new strategies, and launch breakthrough marketing ideas. Lisa is an expert contributor on LinkedIn Learning(Lynda.com), FastCompany, CMO.com, and Forbes CMO. She also authored EnergizeGrowth NOW: The Marketing Guide to a Wealthy Company and The Mindful Marketer: How to Stay Present and Profitable in a Data-Driven World.
To learn how to be a mindful marketer who uses high energy language to influence others, download this episode now.
THE PHONE-A-FRIEND WARRIOR
“Be laconic, not loquacious.” - Lisa NirellHighlights -
- A mindful marketer is someone who influences the hearts and minds of others to improve their condition or the world at large.
- It’s not about selling goods and services, it’s about building relationships.
- The five traits of a mindful marketer: acceptance, articulation, aliveness, adaptability.
- Be articulate with your own language.
- Use the “Marketing Language Meter” to understand low energy language vs. high energy language.
- Breakdowns between marketing and sales happen in three areas: data, content, and roles.
- If you want to be a mindful marketer, it’s not about doing more, it’s about being more.
Guest Contact -
- Lisa’s Website
- Lisa's Twitter
- Lisa’s Book-
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
490 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 31 mins duration .