Manage episode 224014126 series 164106
It’s human nature to focus on what’s wrong. We’re often taught to achieve balance by strengthening our weaknesses. But what if we just need to be aware of our weaknesses and not necessarily spend time on them?
Focusing on your strengths will help you go further. Why? Because you can hire someone who is strong in the areas where you are lacking. That’s the beauty of teamwork. When you’re focused on your own strengths, you’ll also start acknowledging it in the people around you, creating a better work environment.
To dive deeper into this approach, I’ve brought on Darren Virassammy, the Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer of 34 Strong. A leading expert in the global Employee Engagement community, Darren leverages the Gallup StrengthsFinder assessment to create massive shifts within organizations, both culturally and on the bottom line.
To learn how to become a strength-based entrepreneur who leads with confident vulnerability, download this episode now.
THE CALM WARRIOR
“We need to be confident where we shine, and confident where we’re blind.” - Darren VirassammyHighlights -
- Focus on what’s right with people not what’s wrong with them.
- Have confident vulnerability- be aware of your strengths and also your weaknesses.
- To get to team awareness, we have to start with self-awareness.
- Facebook doesn’t find people to fit a job, they fit a job to the people.
- “Grind, Greatness, Genius” - spend time identifying the things you do on a day-to-day basis that are difficult, that are enjoyable, and that are consistently near perfect. Think about what you did today that you loved.
- Take the Strengthsfinder Assessment to find your strengths.
- Talents are natural patterns of behavior that can be productively applied.
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
488 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 31 mins duration .