Manage episode 224336297 series 164106
I’m always the person who comes up from behind. I tend to take more time studying and can be pretty meticulous, but as the finish line approaches I sail ahead. Now, I embrace this trait- I know that it’s actually those “unseen hours” of preparation that are setting me up for success.
So how can you take advantage of the “unseen hours” that go on behind the scenes? It’s all about having meticulous self-discipline. The greatest champions go back to the basics and don’t skip steps. They don’t take success and failure personally, but as ways to gather information for going forward. They put in the reps, but they do it in a way that helps them get better.
To dive deeper into this champion mindset, I’ve brought on performance coach, consultant, speaker and author Alan Stein, Jr. He spent 15 years working with the highest performing basketball players on the planet. Alan now delivers high-energy keynotes and interactive workshops to improve performance, cohesion and accountability.
To learn how to raise your game by having a “Next Play Mentality” and using purposeful practice, download this episode now.
THE DREAM BIGGER WARRIOR
“Humility isn’t thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” - Alan Stein, Jr.Highlights -
- Find what you’re good at and find what you’re passionate about, and figure out where they intersect.
- It’s not all about the time you put into learning a skill- it’s more about purposeful practice.
- You need a feedback loop.
- You only have control of two things: effort and attitude.
- Champions never get bored with the basics. They never skip steps.
- View both successes and failures as completely sterile.
- Confidence comes from one thing: demonstrated performance.
- Believe or leave. There is a lot of power in belief.
Guest Contact -
- Alan’s Website
- Alan's Twitter
- Alan’s Facebook
- Alan's Book-
Contact Jeffrey -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
490 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 31 mins duration .