Manage episode 224735128 series 164106
We’re often taught that slow and steady wins the race. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is based on the idea that small, incremental changes are the best way to create life-lasting change. But what if our biggest improvements actually happen in a lightning-strike moment?
I personally had a big epiphany a few years ago. Typically, I would position myself in the back of the line. In a profound moment, I realized that you can’t complain about not being seen if you continue to put yourself in the background. This insight happened so quickly and flipped my mindset so completely that it changed my life forever. You have to be able to be in a state to receive these moments, recognize them, and take action so that they stick.
To understand aha moments and how we can create them, I’ve brought on science-based motivational author James Fell. With millions of readers around the globe, he has the mission of helping people achieve sudden insight into what inspires them to live the life they know they’re meant to. His most recent book is called The Holy Sh!t Moment: How Lasting Change Can Happen in an Instant.
To learn how to recognize “holy shit moments” and prime yourself to experience and implement them, download this episode now.
THE RESEARCH AND PLANNING WARRIOR
“Let your thoughts meander and collide.” - James FellHighlights -
- Holy Sh*t Moments can be either insightful or mystical.
- Dopamine is released when you are faced with something of tremendous potential value.
- All of the things that bother you pile on top of each other to crystallize and create a desire for change.
- Dopamine recognizes progress.
- You have the power to create life-changing moments by using the “Analyze and Critique” method and then letting it all go.
- Figure out what your true wish is and then do “mental contrasting” by seeking out the obstacle.
- Instead of writing things down, focus on memorization.
Guest Contact -
Contact Jeffrey -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Listen to Clay Walker’s Music
- The Eureka Factor by John Kounios and Mark Beeman
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
520 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 33 mins duration .