Manage episode 225157315 series 164106
It’s time to redefine leadership. Often when we talk about leaders, we are talking about CEOs of companies, but here’s the truth: we are all leaders. It’s important that we, as Creative Warriors, learn to own that fact. The basis of leadership is creativity because it allows us to make something new.
As a leader, you have to be cognizant of the language that you use. If you are coming from a vulnerable, truthful place, you won’t have to “sell.” You can instead share something you know will help someone else. The most important aspect of communicating effectively is authenticity.
To break down the idea of leadership further, I’ve brought on Chris Westfall. A National Elevator Pitch champion, Chris is an American motivational speaker, entrepreneur and author. He’s an award-winning coach to clients on Shark Tank and Dragon’s Den and has appeared on CNN, ABC, NBC and more. His most recent book, The Language of Leadership, explores how to create lasting impact through communication.
To learn how to hone your leadership language, download this episode now.
THE WARRIOR OF INTENTION
“Leaders listen with their eyes, not just their ears.” - Chris WestfallHighlights -
- Not all leaders have followers, but all leaders have vision and challenge the status quo.
- Creative spirit is the foundation of leadership.
- Leadership is about service, connection, and authenticity.
- Selling is just sharing.
- Client are anyone on whom your success depends.
- There are four important words: “I’ve thought this through.”
- Where you put your attention is where you’re going to find results.
- When you’re presenting, there are two conversations. The one you give, and the one the audience hears.
Guest Contact -
- Chris’ Website
- Chris' Twitter
- Chris’ Youtube
- Chris' Book-
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
488 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 31 mins duration .