Manage episode 226765346 series 164106
A lot of creatives think we are doomed to a life without systems because that’s not our natural inclination. Our business is “us,” which makes it difficult to scale. I know that I personally have trouble making the connection between who I am as a photographer and my branding.
Whether or not systems come easily to you, it’s time to put on our “big-boy pants.” All businesses need to revisit the fundamentals of mission statements, values, systems, and customers. You have to believe in your business and your ability to run it. Yes, it’s all Business 101, but it works.
To remind us of the basics of a successful business, I’ve brought on podcast host, speaker and interior designer LuAnn Nigara. LuAnn co-owns, with her husband Vince and cousin Bill, Window Works in Livingston NJ. It is a 10-person firm, specializing in window treatments and awnings, with annual sales of 2 million+, and have serviced more than 25,000 clients since opening in 1982. LuAnn is also the host of the #1, 5-star rated, interior design business podcast, A Well-Designed Business.
To learn how to create your own well-designed business by dreaming, visualizing, and intending, download this episode now.
THE STAND UP WARRIOR
“Your ideal customer is like your favorite pair of jeans” -LuAnn NigaraHighlights -
- The best sale on the planet is a win-win.
- Carefully think about the intersection of confidence, goals, and a plan.
- If a car’s goal is to have four wheels, they all have to go in the same direction. To grow your company, you need to have non-negotiable values you teach your employees.
- The customer isn’t always right, but what you do want is an advocate for your company.
- When you can turn a negative customer into a happy one, that is your best advocate. They’ve seen the fulfillment of your marketing promise.
- Be a “systems freak.”
- Dream, visualize, and intend.
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
520 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 33 mins duration .