Manage episode 227236066 series 164106
Artists are so often plagued by feelings of self-doubt. We’re afraid to go after what we really want because we wonder if we’re competitive enough to create a sustainable life. We’ll talk ourselves out of pursuing a career in the thing that we love and try to fix our square peg into a round hole.
But what if I told you that the thing you’re most passionate about will probably be the thing at which you can be the most successful? Once you hone in on what you’re meant to do, it will all fall into place. This should be the goal. I’m always encouraging artists to focus on business because of the creative freedom that comes from it.
To remind us to follow our true passions and talent, I’ve brought on quirky illustrator and graphic designer Holly Hatam. She is the illustrator of #1 New York Times Bestselling Picture Book, DEAR GIRL, and has illustrated books for Dial Books, Random House, little bee books, Annick Press, and Tilbury House. Holly is also the owner and designer of TearDrop Paperie, where she designs and sells cheeky paper products for weddings and baby.
Holly found true success by finally honing in on what she loves: illustrating children’s books. To learn how to create your own business doing what you were born to do, download this episode now.
THE GRIT AND HUNGER WARRIOR
“If it doesn’t speak to my soul, I don’t do it.” - Holly HatamHighlights -
- You control your vibe.
- It doesn’t take a long time for your career to turn around when you find the right niche.
- Work on your own personal style. Learn from artists you admire, take aspects you love, and make it your own.
- Your style is not something you’re innately born with. You have to develop it.
- Cross-Creativity: find inspiration from a wide variety of endeavors like music, movies, and nature.
- Stop comparing yourself to other artists.
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
488 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 31 mins duration .