Manage episode 228156198 series 164106
As small businesses owners, we can often put ourselves down. We say, “Oh, it’s just this little thing I do.” Often it’s the mom or dad who is running a business but also shuffling kids around or the creative with their own small list of clients. It’s so easy to minimize what we do, but we need to respect our little business.
The size of your business should reflect the life that you want to lead. A little business can provide for your big dreams. After all, just because the business is small doesn’t mean the profit is. Once you realize that working harder doesn’t mean that you will ultimately be more successful, you’re free to embrace the business that is the right fit for you.
To dive deeper into the idea of not being defined by the size of your business, I’ve brought on business coach, podcaster, and speaker Nadia Finer. A serial entrepreneur herself, Nadia specializes in helping people work less for more money and runs online business academy The Profit Pack. Nadia is also the author of the career guide More to Life Than Shoes: How to Kick-start Your Career and Change Your Life, and has written on inspiration, careers and business for Cosmopolitan, The Guardian, The Independent and more.
To learn how to stop playing small, download this episode now.
THE BIG VOICE WARRIOR
“I decided to be a more powerful person, even if I did it quietly.” Nadia FinerHighlights -
- “The cave you fear to enter holds the key to the treasure you seek.”
- Playing it small doesn’t serve the world.
- Leverage your differentiator. It’s what will set you apart.
- Work smarter not harder. Design your business by how you want to live your life.
- A lot of us are driven by the desire to prove something.
- “Idearhea”- diarrhea of ideas; Ideas are just thoughts. Unless you’re willing to build it into a concept, it doesn’t really exist.
- Show up with your consistent message daily.
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
488 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 31 mins duration .