Manage episode 228657041 series 164106
We spend too much time trying to “sell” to people who are not a good fit for our business. How many business cards for people who will never use your service do you need? The answer is zero. We also often use violent sports or battle analogies to describe the process of selling which creates adversarial atmosphere. Instead of these approaches, we should be thinking of selling as solving problems. Ian Altman calls this “Same Side Selling.”
To get into Same Side Selling, you need to have a mindset shift from “closing” to “fit.” Your job is to ask the right questions so the buyer convinces themselves that you can solve their problem. You put out the right information, and they decided that you’re the right fit.
Ian Altman inspires audiences with a modern approach to grow business with integrity. As a CEO for two decades, Altman founded and grew his own business-services and technology companies from zero to over $1 billion in value. This business success, backed by years of researching how customers make decisions, established Ian as a leading authority on accelerating business growth.
To learn how to master Same Side Selling, listen to this episode now.
THE NEEN JAMES WARRIOR
“Become an expert at getting to the truth with the buyer.” - Ian AltmanHighlights -
- We’re often our own worst enemy when it comes to price versus value.
- Selling is more like putting a puzzle together- both sides need the right piece.
- The person who was selling used to know more than the buyer. Now the buyer has a ton of information available to them.
- There are three personas in the world of sales: an order-taker, a salesperson, and a subject matter expert.
- Your goal should be to attract all the people who could be a good fit for you without attracting a single one who isn’t.
- Entice by sharing the problems you solve. Disarm by acknowledging that not everyone is a good fit.
- The finish line for the seller is the sale; the finish line for the buyer is the results they need.
- It’s not about how much it costs, it’s about the impact on the bottom line
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
497 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 31 mins duration .