Manage episode 229155117 series 164106
People often say to me, “I don’t have enough time.” This is a scarcity mindset. If you don’t have enough time, what else do you not have enough of? You actually do have enough time, you just might be feeling powerless to choose how you spend it.
A big shift I made was when I started to think of time as a resource. I realized that I’m very environmentally conscious, but I didn’t place the same value on time. Like money, many people have an adversarial relationship with time. Once you fix that underlying mindset, you can start to have control over your time.
To dive deeper into the idea of time, I’ve brought on author, speaker, researcher and performance expert Steven Griffith. He is considered one of the leading authorities on the connection between time, productivity and performance. Griffith has been featured as a keynote speaker and performance expert on ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, Style and Esquire TV and has worked with a variety of organizations including “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” the United States Military, Citibank, Wells Fargo, the Los Angeles Police Department, USC, UCLA, The National Academy of Sports Medicine, and the NBA, MLB, NFL and NHL (teams, players and coaches).
To learn how to have a better relationship with time, listen to this episode now.
WARRIOR OF GRIT
“It’s not about managing time, it’s performing with it.” - Steven GriffithHighlights -
- Time is your most valuable asset. It allows you to do, be, and have everything.
- Most people have an adversarial relationship with time.
- We are living in the fallacy that time is endless.
- Learned Helpless: we are trained not to choose.
- Get conscious about your devices. Every swipe, click, and touch is time.
- Your top five values should be where you’re putting your time and money.
- Are the things I’m doing today contributing or contaminating my success and happiness?
- Time Toxin: person, place or thing that consumes, steals, hijacks, contaminates or causes you to be stalled towards what matters most.
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
496 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 31 mins duration .