Manage episode 229632915 series 164106
I talk all day long. Speaking is my profession, so I take care of my instrument by steaming my throat every morning and doing vocal warm-ups. It’s no different than the drills I would practice if I were an athlete- talking is my sport. But vocal training isn’t just important for professionals. It’s for everyone.
When you’re working on vocal awareness, you’re not just doing it for a big presentation on a stage. Our goal should be to sound the same no matter what situation we’re in and in every aspect of lie. Your voice is an all-important instrument and expression of who you are.
To dive deeper into the idea of owning your voice, I’ve brought on author, speaker, researcher and performance expert Arthur Joseph. Arthur Samuel Joseph, M.A, internationally recognized communication strategist and creator of the proprietary and trademarked method Vocal Awareness, has transformed the lives of thousands for over four decades.
To learn how to have mastery over your voice, listen to this episode now.
THE SOURCE WARRIOR
“Show up as the same person everywhere.” - Arthur JosephHighlights -
- Voice is power. When you own it, you own the voice and the messenger.
- It’s not what we say, but how we say it.
- The two greatest fears of public speaking are fear of abandonment and ownership of our power.
- It’s important, through vocal awareness, that you show up as the same person everywhere. Learn to be who you are, not present who you are.
- In vocal awareness, we discover that we have a choice in how we want to be known.
- People always need to warm-up their voices before performing. There are seven rituals for voice awareness.
- “The great use of a life is to spend it on something that outlasts it.” - William James
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
490 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 31 mins duration .