Manage episode 231942289 series 164106
Making your creative business profitable is a constant struggle for artists. Because our services are often something we’ve done for free, we feel guilty charging a lot of money. We get stuck in the loop of doing work at lower rates for friends and family and undervaluing the skills we bring to the table.
To change how much money you make from your hobby, you have to change your mindset. You need to charge at least as much as the average price others are charging for similar services. You also need to make your business scalable. You can do this by utilizing your online platform and charging to teach others all over the world how to do what you do.
To dive deeper into the idea of making your hobby a business, I’ve brought on Creative Entrepreneur, Podcast Host, and Career Coach Jennifer Allwood. Jennifer is a mom in Kansas City, Missouri who completely transitioned her decorative painting business The Magic Brush to the online space.
To learn how to take your creative business global, download this episode now.
THE FAITH WARRIOR
“There’s never been a better time in history to be an entrepreneur than today.” - Jennifer AllwoodHighlights -
- Does your talk align with you playing small?
- Don’t be the cheapest in your industry. When you’re cheap, you attract that cheap mentality.
- You can’t just build your social media following- you also have to figure out how to make money on your online platforms.
- You can sell how-to videos on your website.
- Multiple streams of income are important so that you’re not susceptible to platforms changing their policies. Don’t have your business based entirely on social media.
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn