Manage episode 232481569 series 164106
I’ve never had a guest on to talk about a memoir, but I thought Jane Pollak’s journey would be beneficial for the Creative Warrior community. Jane was a successful artist decorating eggs bought by people like Steve Jobs and featured at The White House, but ultimately she wasn’t happy. She decided that she could no longer settle for a life of not enough.
As creative professionals, we have to be proactive agents in our lives instead of victims of circumstance. If you’re feeling that you’re experiencing “too much of not enough,” you can let go of what isn’t serving you. When you know in your gut that you can’t do it anymore, it’s the beginning of living a life of enough.
Jane Pollak is an author, coach, blogger, coach, and speaker. She inspires people to create income pursuing their passions. She graduated from Mount Holyoke College with a BA in studio art and theatre and an MA in art education from Columbia University Teachers College. Her first book, Decorating Eggs: Exquisite Designs with Wax & Dye, was recently republished by Schiffer Publishing. Her second book, Soul Proprietor: 101 Lessons from a Lifestyle Entrepreneur (Crossing Press, 2001), shares what she learned as a home-based business owner who successfully turned her passion into a thriving company. When Pollak's marriage ended in 2011, she moved back to Manhattan, where she currently resides contentedly single. She has three grown children and three grandchildren.
To learn how to become a proactive agent of your own life, download this episode now.
THE FUTURE SELF WARRIOR
“You can only go as far in your business as you’ve developed in your life.” - Jane PollakHighlights -
- Because of Jane’s withholding mother, she thought she had to settle for whatever love and attention was given to her. She was getting by with “crumbs.”
- You have to select your own teachers and guides.
- Hustle vs. Self Care: pay attention to what you want in life and what wants you.
- Desire what you have.
- Find your tribe.
- Say that you need help. Being vulnerable allows people in.
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
504 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 32 mins duration .