Manage episode 232960703 series 164106
Often, as creative professionals, we don’t put much thought into the idea of company culture. But even when your team is working remotely, you can build a successful culture. It all begins with you. If you have a clear idea of your company’s values, you can make sure everyone you work with is aligned with those values.
Having a good company culture isn’t just about having fun- it is also insurance for the tough times. When things aren’t going right is when you get to see what you’re made of as a company. You want people to be able to band together and work towards solutions. Things like positivity, acknowledgment, and transparency will make for great workplace culture.
To dive deeper into company culture, I’ve brought on performance expert and speaker Chris Dyer. Chris is the author of The Power of Company Culture, which was released in 2018. He is also the Founder and CEO of PeopleG2, a background check company that has appeared on the Inc. 5000 list of the Fastest Growing Companies. A passionate talent management enthusiast, Chris is the host of TalentTalk, a popular business podcast that features interviews with top executives about their strategies for hiring and promoting talent.
To learn more about Chris’ “Seven Pillars of Workplace Culture,” download this episode now.
THE WARRIOR OF DISCIPLINE
“Vision is when you share what success looks like.” - Chris DyerHighlights -
- The benefits of working on company culture include growth, less turnover, and productivity.
- Company culture begins with you. Take time to understand your own culture.
- Autonomy is important; hire great people and leave them alone.
- A mission is what we are trying to do. Values are how we are going to conduct ourselves when we’re doing those things.
- People have better customer service experiences when working with an introvert.
- Positivity is a pillar for workplace culture. Feedforward is better than feedback.
- Have acknowledgment that your employees control and that isn’t tied to a reward.
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
504 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 32 mins duration .