Manage episode 233828549 series 164106
It’s very hard to imagine retirement- it can feel like a far-off dream. It’s difficult to save for something that you can’t even imagine. Because of this, a lot of us avoid thinking or talking about money at all. It doesn’t feel good. Like a diet, budgets are something we have negative feelings toward and ultimately end up abandoning.
It’s better to put your finances in a positive light. Instead of feeling like you don’t have enough money, start realizing that you are richer than you think. Come from a place of gratitude for what you have and know that it’s actually your habits that are causing problems with your finances, not your income.
I used to be a major spender, so I was so happy to have John David Mann on for a third time to talk about his new book The Latte Factor. John is an award-winning author whose writings have earned the Axiom Business Book Award, the Nautilus Award, and Taiwan’s Golden Book Award for Innovation. The Go-Giver was also honored with the Living Now Book Awards “Evergreen Medal” in 2017 for its “contributions to positive global change,” and cited on Inc.’s “Most Motivational Books Ever Written” and HubSpot’s “20 Most Highly Rated Sales Books of All Time”; The Go-Giver Leader was listed on Entrepreneur magazine’s “10 Books Every Leader Should Read” and Forbes magazine’s “8 Books Every Young Leader Should Read.” His 2012 Take the Lead was named Best Leadership Book of 2011 by Tom Peters and the Washington Post.
It was great to have John on Creative Warriors for the third time. To learn more about The Latte Factor and how to fund your dreams, download this episode now.
THE PUPPY DOG WARRIOR
“If you wait until you have extra, you’ll be waiting forever.” - John David MannHighlights -
- There are three myths of money. The first one is “make more money and you'll be rich.”
- Most of us are bad at saving because we don’t have a concrete idea of why we are saving.
- Rechannel your daily luxuries.
- You need to align your spending with your values.
- Instead of budgeting, think of what you want to fund. It’s the difference between a negative fuel source and a positive fuel source.
- Set yourself up for success.
- The second myth of money is “it takes money to make money.”
- Set up automatic savings so you don’t have to think about it.
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
506 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 32 mins duration .