Manage episode 234189838 series 164106
You never need insurance until it’s a bad time. Do you really want to make a stressful scenario worse? Probably not. If you can understand that you’re going to need to be in the best state of mind that you can be to handle that future crisis, you’ll be able to effectively prepare. I personally am a huge insurance buyer. My father passed away without health insurance, so I’ve had health insurance since I was 19 years old.
I even have health insurance on my dogs which proved to be indispensable when my dog recently got sick. Some people might think that prevention is something that only big businesses need to worry about. But it’s really the smaller businesses that could be wiped out by one catastrophe.
To talk about the importance of preventing future problems, I’ve brought on Matthew Neill Davis of Davis Law, PLLC. His firm that has three times made the Law Firm 500 for being among the fastest-growing law firms in the nation. Matthew’s book, The Art of Preventing Stupid, will show you how to make smart, meaningful changes to successfully grow your organization. With his extensive litigation and business representation experience and expertise in building and running custom legal departments for businesses and nonprofits, he has dedicated himself to helping business owners make smart business decisions.
To learn the art of preventing stupid and the three different sources of business’ problems, download this episode now.
THE KICK 'EM IN THE NUTS WARRIOR
“New level, new devil.” - Matthew Neill DavisHighlights -
- Lawyers are tuned into the fact that most problems are preventable.
- People’s problems come from one of three sources: failure to prepare for catastrophes, being ignorant about what they’re doing, or being inept.
- Productive Paranoia: efficiently and comprehensively look at the problems coming at you and beat them to submission.
- The crux of preventing stupid is the business immune system.
- Talent can be an enormous curse because you never learn to do the basics day after day after day.
Guest Contact -
- Matthew's Website
- Matthew's Instagram
- Matthew's Book:
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDX LincolnSquare video and please share!
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
- Music by Jawn
505 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 31 mins duration .