Archive this series
As creative business owners, we thrive on feeling inspired. But what about those days when you just aren't feeling inspired or creative? I share 5 things that I do when I'm not feeling inspired to keep my business moving forward.
- Work through it
- Focus on other crafts
- Do a "mindless project"
- Take a break from the creative side of your business
- Express gratitude to someone else
Other resources mentioned in this episode:
- Interview with Steven Pressfield on The Creative Penn podcast
- An overview of the Thank You Card Challenge
You can listen to the episode for more tips on dealing with a lack of inspiration.
- Would you be interested in a Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Show book club where we would (virtually) read business or creativity books together over the course of a month or two? I would love to start with The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles (affiliate link) by Steven Pressfield. Let me know your thoughts.
- I'm bringing back 31 Days to Pod Launch, a 31 challenge to guide you through a DIY approach to setting up your own podcast, as a free email course in 2016. You can find out the details and sign up here.
- The Creative Yarn Entrepreneur is now on Facebook. Please stop by and like the new page here. In addition to podcast episodes, I share at least two links every day with information that is helpful for small business owners.
- Please take a moment to fill out the listener survey and share your feedback for upcoming episodes.
What are favorite things to do when you're not feeling inspired?
Share your comments in the show notes for this episode at http://creativeyarnentrepreneur.com/episode53, in the Creative Yarn Entrepreneurs Facebook group, comment on the Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Facebook page, Tweet me at @cyeshow, add me to your G+ circle and send me a note, or leave a message at 646-713-8973.
You can subscribe to the Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Show on on iTunes or Stitcher. Please leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher and join the mailing list. I’ll let people on the list know in advance about special guests and topics so you can share your questions.
77 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 42 mins duration .