Manage episode 125473483 series 166769
Time management can be more challenging for part-time business owners. Whether you work full time, run another business part time, or rely on several part time jobs or gigs, if your yarn-related business is part time, you may struggle to manage your time and stay productive.
In this episode, I share my time management approach to being a part-time business owner:
- Start by setting your short- and long-term goals
- Look for "chunks" of time in your schedule that can be devoted to your business
- Arrange the activities required to meet your goals into types of tasks
- Organize the tasks into your available time slots
- Find a time management system that works for you
- Don't compare yourself to other businesses (especially those run by full timers)
- Find social support
You can hear more details by listening to this episode.
If you struggle with time management, you may also want to listen to Episode 10: Time Management Tips: An Interview with Lindsey Stephens from Poetry In Yarn.Some announcements:
- I'm bringing back 31 Days to Pod Launch, a 31 challenge to guide you through a DIY approach to setting up your own podcast, as a free email course in 2016. You can find out the details and sign up here.
- The Creative Yarn Entrepreneur is now on Facebook. Please stop by and like the new page here. In addition to podcast episodes, I share at least two links every day with information that is helpful for small business owners.
- Please take a moment to fill out the listener survey and share your feedback for upcoming episodes.
Share your comments in the show notes for this episode at http://creativeyarnentrepreneur.com/episode54, in the Creative Yarn Entrepreneurs Facebook group, comment on the Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Facebook page, Tweet me at @cyeshow, add me to your G+ circle and send me a note, or leave a message at 646-713-8973.
You can subscribe to the Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Show on on iTunes or Stitcher. Please leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher and join the mailing list. I’ll let people on the list know in advance about special guests and topics so you can share your questions.
77 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 42 mins duration .