Episode 63: Blogging, Taking Risks in Your Business, and Working with Sponsors with Erica Dietz from 5 Little Monsters
Archive this series
Erica Dietz from 5 Little Monsters had been blogging for less than a year when she started working with sponsors. We chatted at the 2016 Snap! conference about blogging, taking risks, how to work with sponsors, and more.
Erica Dietz is the crochet, sewing, embroidery, and craft blogger behind 5 Little Monsters. She shares designs and tutorials on her blog and hosts the Creatively Crafty Link Party on Thursdays. Erica is also a stay-at-home mom to (you guessed it) 5 children.
About the interview
In this episode, I talk with Erica about a variety of topics, including the evolution of her business, how she started working with brands and sponsors, her tips for making connections at conferences, stepping out of your comfort zone, and the importance of follow up. She also shares an inspiring call to action at the end!
- The Creative Yarn Entrepreneur is now on Facebook. Please stop by and like the pagehere. In addition to podcast episodes, I share links with information that is helpful for small business owners.
- I’ll be at a The National NeedleArts Association summer trade show on June 11, 2016. Will I see you there?
- I'll be speaking at BlogHer'16 (August 4-6, 2016 in Los Angeles, CA). If you're in the area, I'd love to meet up! You can register for BlogHer'16 with a 30% discount using this friends and family code.
- The Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Show is now on Google Play Music. You can find links to the Show on your favorite apps on the Subscribe page.
- Show your support for the Show by buying through our trusted partners. You can find more information on the Support the Show page.
Share your feedback on this episode!
Has Erica inspired you to "make it happen" in your business? Share your comments in the show notes for this episode at http://creativeyarnentrepreneur.com/episode63. You can also comment in the Creative Yarn Entrepreneurs Facebook group, comment on the Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Facebook page, Tweet me at @cyeshow, add me to your G+ circle and send me a note, or leave a message at 646-713-8973.
You can subscribe to the Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Show on on Google Play Music, iTunes, Stitcher, or TuneIn. Please leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher and join the mailing list. I’ll let people on the list know in advance about special guests and topics so you can share your questions.
77 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 42 mins duration .