Archive this series
Carrie Leahew is the Senior Consumer Marketing Manager with Coats Crafts. She works most closely with Red Heart. We chatted at the 2016 Snap! conference about how professional crafters can work with Red Heart.
About Red Heart
Coats has been in business for over 250 years and is the world's leading industrial thread manufacturer. One in four garments in the world is made with Coats thread!
About the interview
In this episode, I talk with Carrie about all the ways that Red Heart works with professional crafters. Use the Contact Us page to reach out to Red Heart. Some of the possible collaborations we discussed are:
- Guest blogging opportunities,
- Yarn support for free crochet and knitting patterns or yarn crafts tutorials to be hosted on your own blog,
- Freelance design opportunities,
- Providing free products for charity projects or for giveaways, and
- An affiliate program (coming soon).
While Red Heart generally works with established designers and organizes its own call for submissions, they are always open to receiving design proposals or inquiries from new designers and bloggers.
Besides the Contact Us page, designers and bloggers with existing tutorials and patterns can reach out to the social media manager via direct messages to let Red Heart know about your existing work.
You may also find this past episode, How to Source Yarn (Inexpensively) for Your Business, helpful.
Listen to the podcast for more hints from Carrie about working with Red Heart.
- The Creative Yarn Entrepreneur is now on Facebook. Please stop by and like the page here. In addition to podcast episodes, I share links with information that is helpful for small business owners.
- I’ll be at a The National NeedleArts Association summer trade show on June 11, 2016. Will I see you there?
- I'll be speaking at BlogHer'16 (August 4-6, 2016 in Los Angeles, CA). If you're in the area, I'd love to meet up! You can register for BlogHer'16 with a 30% discount using this friends and family code.
- The Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Show is now on Google Play Music. You can find links to the Show on your favorite apps on the Subscribe page.
- Show your support for the Show by buying through our trusted partners. You can find more information on the Support the Show page.
Share your feedback on this episode!
Are you ready to reach out to Red Heart? Share your comments in the show notes for this episode at http://creativeyarnentrepreneur.com/episode64. You can also comment in the Creative Yarn Entrepreneurs Facebook group, comment on the Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Facebook page, Tweet me at @cyeshow, add me to your G+ circle and send me a note, or leave a message at 646-713-8973.
You can subscribe to the Creative Yarn Entrepreneur Show on on Google Play Music, iTunes, Stitcher, or TuneIn. Please leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher and join the mailing list. I’ll let people on the list know in advance about special guests and topics so you can share your questions.
77 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 42 mins duration .