Manage episode 238121309 series 2449460
Today’s guest is creative coach and lovely human Nicola Rae-Wickham. We talk about how we get to that point where we start believing in new possibilities, how showing up as yourself is a huge way to make a difference, the nuanced journey to becoming more of ourselves, and the power of affirmations in all of this.
"My activism is just showing up" - Nicola Rae-Wickham
Some of the things we talked about:
- Giving ourselves permission to dream and take action on our ideas
- The importance of representation and seeing people like you doing what you dream of doing
- How the way we share online has evolved and given people more permission to show up as their full selves
- The nuanced journey to becoming more of ourselves
- How affirmations can help give us the courage to do the work that matters to us (and a few examples of affirmations for creatives who want to make a difference)
- How Nicola’s business is going with a 12-week old baby (and what she did to prepare)
- Nicola’s advice for anyone who wants to make a difference.